Yes, but not always.

Section 1144-a(a) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law requires an operator of a motor vehicle to move over left or right as far as practicable for an emergency vehicle parked or standing on the side of the road. This law pertains to limited access highways or parkways. This applies to the NYS Thruway and Parkways near NYC. However, this does not apply to Route 365, Route 49 or other similar roads. If you are given a ticket under this section and you are not on a limited access highway or toll road, DO NOT plead guilty contact an attorney and discuss your options. If you plead guilty you can receive a fine of up to $300 with a surcharge of up to $93, get 15 days in jail and 2 points on your license.

We conduct face to face consultations that allow us & the individual to evaluate our abilities to defend the client’s specific case needs. Please send us a message or call our office at 1-833-BEAT-DWI in order to set up an appointment.